Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Fire Safety

Hi. Just yesterday was the fire drill in the school. Normally, I would take fire drills lightly, But this time, I decided it is time to take this seriously after I noted about last year's big fire at the pub in Bangkok and 4 Singaporeans died in the fire. Below are some questions our teacher wanted to discuss with us;

1.Have you seen or witness any incident of fire breakouts around your home or neighbourhood?If so can you tell us about it?
Ans:Yes. It was in the evening when our neighbourhood wet market had an electrical outburst and that caused a huge fire I did not witness it but my father had as he was on the way to buy dinner. he told me that no one was injured. the fire was so huge I can saw the smoke right from my house.

2.Can you tell us what you would do if a fire break outs in your house or outside?
Ans:If it is in my house, I would try to stay calm and keep my younger brother calm to. Then, I would close the door that of the room that is on fire. I would bring my brother out and close the house door. I would then inform my neighbours about the fire break out and use their telephone to dial 995. I would not return to the affected apartment.

3.What do you think think are the main causes of a fire in the house or outside?
Ans:They can be caused by mischievous children, stoves that are not looked after and had caused a fire due to overheating. Mainly, human carelessness and mischief.

4.What can you do to prevent this from happening to homes?
Ans: Just like I said above in Q.3, we just had to be careful and look out for children up to mischief.

5.Do you think our pupils are conscious about fire safety?
Ans:Sadly no. They are always laughing madly during the fire drills.

1 comment:

  1. Considering how important it is to take the proper fire safety precautions, I want to share a new product that I came across. This product has never been made before, it's the first of it's kind,a fire-prevention outlet. What the fire safety product does is with it's thermal technology, it's able to sense abnormal temperatures in electrical wiring devices. Once the abnormal heat is detected, the outlet de-energizing the circuits involved, and is able to stop potential fires before they can start. Pretty neat product, I know I will be installing them in my home.

    ReplyDelete